Checklists for Luxury Real Estate Sellers
Before you list your property:
- Determine your home’s value
- Decide which upgrades will give your best return on investment
- Stage your home
- Arrange for your home to be cleaned regularly
- Decide what you will do with pets when your home is being shown
- Determine what costs you may encounter
Pro Tip: Well manicured landscaping and fresh paint can go a long way in increasing your property’s curb appeal. Just be sure to keep it simple because the buyer may have a different design taste than you do.
Prepare for the home inspection:
A home inspector will do a thorough inspection of your home from top to bottom and inside and outside. Here are some of the common items that you can check and repair if necessary prior to the inspection.
- Are there any cracks in the walls and ceilings?
- Does the home have any water leaks?
- Does the roof have any water leaks?
- Do all of the electrical outlets and light switches work?
- Are there any trees encroaching the perimeter of the home or the roof?
- Are there termites or any other infestation?
- Are the appliances in good working condition?
- Does the air conditioner work properly?
- Are there any leaks in the attic?
- Do all of the plumbing pipes work properly?
- If you’re not on city sewer, has your septic tank been checked recently?
Get a Free Listing Consult
Thinking about selling? The more information you have, the better prepared you’ll be.